(See your program’s Checklist 4)
This video series is going away online so please get this assignment done before MAY 13, 2018 despite where it falls on your checklist.
WEC works in places that can be politically unstable, places where there is corruption, places that have natural disasters of earthquakes and floods and that is just in the USA. But really we do send our short-termers and long-termers to places where it is good to know how to handle situations that come up. We require all of our short-termers to watch the Fort Sherman online series of videos called:
Safe Travel Solutions
A Faith-Based Training on how to be safe when traveling overseas.
Safe Travel Solutions provides the level of training and information formerly available only to large corporations and government agencies. The Safe Travel Solutions online training platform delivers world-class training directly to you at the click of a mouse!
The WEC Short Term Department has a subscription with Safe Travel Solutions. An online video series that trains our short term workers in safe travel overseas. You are required to watch all of the 6 sessions of videos in the series (except the Team Leader Session and the Pre-Travel Planning Session) before you come for the WEC Short Term Orientation.
- There are 2 modules per session (3 modules for session 3). The total amount of time it will take to watch the videos is just over 4 hours.
- Print out the Student Guide so you can follow that as you watch the videos.
- Do the online quiz at the end of each module.
- We will review what you have learned during the WEC Short-Term Orientation so you need to complete all the videos before you come.
- Couples – we have a limited amount of people who can sign up so just one of you create an account. You can both use the same account.
To access the videos follow these instructions:
1. You will need the following Registration Code: wectrek
2. Go to this link: http://safetravelsolutions.org/group-25/ to sign up for the training.
3. On that page, will click “Enter Registration Code”
4. You will come to a checkout page where you will need to create an account and enter the Registration Code in the coupon field which will
change the price to $0. Do not enter any credit card information.
5. Once you click submit, you will have created an account and be logged in!
DO NOT GIVE THIS OUT TO ANYONE ELSE.
Here is a video checklist for watching the videos.